The scene is set
After a week of hard work, I managed to finish my to-do list and can officially say my first episode is done. I’m hesitant to say done because I know there’s always room for improvement and when I show people my “pilot” they don’t see the things (mistakes) that I do.
As you can see from the after photo, I got a lot done in a week and I’m really happy with the way it turned out. Unfortunately, the counter is still a little uneven but I’ll just have to deal with it until it is replaced. The “tile” backsplash and the “granite” paint finish are both really convincing. Those two things plus the new hardware and faucet really pull the whole look together. Now, I’m dreaming of a new flat-top stove, but it will have to wait for now.
Another item on my to-do list was to find a very large and high quality cutting board and I found one for a great price online. The vendor kept telling me it would ship and it never did. After four weeks, I gave up and cancelled it. I’m still on the lookout, so the set will change again soon.